Meet Patrick J. Caputo, DPM, FASPS
- Dr. Patrick (Pat) Caputo is proud to have lived in Monmouth County for over 30 years, where he has practiced all phases of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. His original office was in Hazlet before relocating to a larger space in Holmdel (across from Bayshore Hospital) in 2001. Dr. Caputo is the Founding Officer of Caputo Foot & Ankle Centers of NJ and managing partner of Holmdel Foot & Ankle Center and Holmdel Wound Care Center, LLC.
EXPERIENCE YOU CAN TRUST
- Patrick J. Caputo, DPM, is Board Certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and maintains the distinguished title of “Diplomate” by keeping current and passing the re-certification exams every ten years (2001 and 2011).
- He is a Fellow and Founding Member of the American Society of Podiatric Surgeons, representing the surgical interests of members of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- His expertise in Wound Care and Diabetic Foot Ulcers (DFU) extends to his time as a Staff Podiatrist at the VA Medical Center in East Orange and Newark (1984 – 1991). Dr. Caputo was part of the team of doctors that eventually set up the first East Orange-VA Diabetic Foot Clinic.
- He is an original member of the Physician Panel of the award winning Center for Wound Healing at Bayshore Hospital (a Division of Hackensack-Meridian Health). Dr. Caputo’s skill in Diabetic wound care includes managing complications associated with Diabetic Neuropathy, Charcot Foot Wounds, and Venous Leg Ulcers (VLU). "Healing Wounds. Improving Lives".
- In addition to Wound Care and Surgery, Dr. Caputo is active in treating injuries and lower extremity pain associated within the sub-specialty of Sports Medicine.
- Dr. Caputo explains, "Board Certified in Foot Surgery also means knowing when not to do surgery. We also use non-surgical approaches in Sports Medicine includes Biomechanics and Physical Therapy to alleviate common podiatric problems such as ankle sprains, heel pain, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis".
- New 3D Apple iPad-based computer technology is used for Custom Designed Orthotics. Accurate scans are completed in seconds (and without the mess of plaster). Mention that you saw the 3D Scanner on this Website for a $40 discount on Orthotics.
RESPECTED BY HIS PEERS
- Dr. Caputo has served in high levels on many committees and Boards, including the Board of Trustees of the NJ Podiatric Medical Society and Physician Member of the Management Committee at the Center of Specialty Surgery of Middletown.
- During his affiliation with Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank (1986-2008), Dr. Caputo was elected by his peers to the position of Section Chief of Podiatric Surgery and appointed as Podiatry Liaison of Diabetes Management.
- More recently, Dr. Caputo was elected by the entire Medical Staff at Bayshore Medical Center to serve 2 terms on the respected Medical Executive Committee.
Dr. Caputo is an advocate of volunteerism and community involvement. He is Past President of the Hazlet Rotary Club. He enjoys mentoring and career counseling small groups of undergraduates at his beloved alma mater, Rutgers University. Married for 36 years, he reflects fondly on raising his kids in Lincroft section of Middletown and the 10 rewarding seasons coaching them in Lincroft Little League and other Middletown Rec sports. Jokingly, Dr. Caputo and his wife Lisa admit that their kids never made the Major Leagues in sports, but they are so proud that their son is Senior Urology Surgical Resident at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia and their daughter is a certified Dance teacher and Choreographer at Neptune High School.